Leaving Koh Phangan

Surat Thani, Thailand


Today I left Koh Phangan.

For the last two months I've lived on this island. I encountered a few good people, had many good experiences and mentally I've finally arrived in Asia.

So this is the end of the beginning of my trip!

I benefited a lot from the yoga course although I considered it to be only warming-up for deeper spiritual experiences and practice to come. In the beginning I really liked my school. There were some good people and I liked the teachers a lot, both being new to teaching. Apart from that I had many good experiences giving my fellow students treatments.

When I left the yoga school I was disillusioned as one of the school's most advanced teachers arrived to take over classes.

I came to conclude that I ended up in a "spiritual" gang-bang club. I am not sure they know what tantra(-yoga) is really about... but maybe I just don't know ;)

Maybe I'm doing them unjust... who knows...

So last week I returned to Cat Island. I felt different. I had finally arrived! I wasn't phobic anymore. I wasn't so heady anymore... I was... relaxed?

This time I did really enjoy everything... it was beautiful... it was real good!


And now the warming-up is over... two months is quite enough!

I'm heading towards Chaiya where I will do a ten day Buddhist retreat. No talking, no reading, no writing... meditation for ten days.

It is my first time so I'm really looking forward to this... especially since it's been a long time since I wanted to do it!

More than four years ago I was searching for a retreat on the Internet after my relationship then broke up. I never ended up doing the retreat but I read about shiatsu for the first time which eventually lead me onto my new path and this trip...

So this is it... finally!

SILENCE


vox

Comments

Popular Posts