Month Two and Noruz

Tehran, Iran


So it's been two months now that I am in Iran. My last month was much more quite than the first. In a way I'm starting to live a life here:

I have a bedroom including my personal bath at the apartment of a patron, a mobile phone, a bank account, a relationship, a few good friends and at times I even work... a bit!

I do get a feeling of how a life in Tehran could be like... if I wanted to have a life around here. Well, and life here is not too bad... for me at least.

Anyway, a friend back from Vienna told me he is more interested in current events going on in Iran rather than in some stuff that had happened 2500 years ago. I guess I didn't quite make my point in my entry on "Persian Identity". This is what I perceive when I talk to Iranian people. This is what I can talk about...

What I cannot talk about is what is "really" going on in Iran today. I try to talk with as many people as possible and I hear so many different things that I cannot "really" tell you what's going on in Iran.

For example, a lot of people here are moaning about the government and the bad quality of life. But what does it really mean?

If you ask people in Vienna the same questions you get similar answers. So (again) Vienna is the city with the fourth highest quality of life in the world but when you talk to people you feel like committing suicide ; )

Aha...

One of the things I perceive being here is that people in Iran are being brainwashed!

One of the things I perceive being here is that people in the West are being brainwashed!

Ergo... I'm really brainwashed...

Apart from that there is nothing specific on my mind... this very moment... maybe another day...

By the way, tonight is the beginning of spring which is "New Year" in Iran (Noruz). So I'm happy to finally experience Iranian New Year in Iran. So I'm lucky... my last month in Iran is kicked off with the "New Years Eve".

And tomorrow I go an a trip "back to my roots" to visit the cities of some of my ancestors: Gorgan and Gonbad-e-Kavus : )



vox

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hallo Xerx
Hier Matthias aus Wien. Die Leute hier (mich inkludiert) jammern natürlich herum - aber ich finds trotzdem nett hier. Hab schon lang nicht mehr bei dir reingeschaut aber irgendwie ist es nett zu sehn dass du es anscheinend dort genießt. Was wirklich hochtrabend interessantes fällt mir grad nicht ein aber ich schick dir einfach liebe grüße

mc
Anonymous said…
eydet mobarak - happy 2565!

all the best vox!

Popular Posts